Extra Easy Half Syn Cake

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by shonzie78, 8 January 2013.

1. shonzie78

shonzie78 New Member

Hiya, Hope your all having a good day! Attempted making my first half syn cake! The only problem was that it completely stuck to the greaseproof paper despite spraying with fry light! Nightmare to peel off! Anyone any tips? Hope it tastes good. Will be sampling with afternnon cuppa.
  2. stivesliz

stivesliz Well-Known Member

Spookily enough I have just made one too lol! I find some greaseproof paper better than others - the one I am using at the moment is a very pale ( almost white ) one from the Co-op and make sure you spray it really well too x
  3. shonzie78

shonzie78 New Member

Thanks Stivesliz, I'll maybe try that one. enjoy! Can't believe its only 1/2 syn for whole thing x
  4. Bigbird86

Bigbird86 Member

This sounds interesting, could I have the recipe please?
  5. shonzie78

shonzie78 New Member

Here is the recipe, it is really nice. Cant believe its only 1/2 syn for whole cake!!

4 eggs seperated

1 tub of quark
    1 tsp baking powder (1/2 syn)
    5 tbsp sweetner
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    3 tbsp framage frais
    fresh fruit of your choice

Preheat oven to 180c gas 4 and line with baking parchment 2 sandwich tins, spray with frylight

Whisk the egg whites in one bowl untill they reach soft peak stage
    In another bwol whisk togeth the yolks, 4 tbsp sweetener, half the tub of quark, baking powder and the vanilla extract, then whisk in half the egg whites
    Fold in the remaining egg whites with a metal spoon
    Tip mixture into two sandwich tins
    Bake in the oven untill well risen and golden, approx 20 minutes. it will sink when you take it out
    Leave to cool for 5 minutes, then turn out and cool completely
    Meanwhile take the other half of the quark, and mix with 1tbsp sweetener and fromage frais
    Spread half of the mixture on top of one cake with fruit of your choice, place the other cake on top and put them rest of the mixture on top and decorate with more fruit
    Enjoy :eek:)
  6. Bigbird86

Bigbird86 Member

Wow sounds delish! Thanks for that will give it a try next week x
  7. slimmingmadhouse

slimmingmadhouse Well-Known Member

I made this once and not sure if I did it right but it tasted like a sweet omelette so had to throw it away. Be interesting to see what others think.
  8. Sculls

Sculls Well-Known Member

I really hope you like it! I really really wanted to like it but agree it tasted like a sweet air filled omelette :-( x
  9. cat yoyo greaves

cat yoyo greaves Well-Known Member

It does taste like sweet omelet I make a chocolate one that's 7 syns a whole cake thats nice
  10. VeggieBev

VeggieBev Well-Known Member

I've seen the same recipe made as a kind of swiss roll. Made in the same way but instead of two sandwich tins, the mixture was spread into a normal baking tray. The Quark mixture and fresh fruit (thinly sliced) is then laid on top and the whole thing is rolled up. It looked lovely but admittedly I haven't tried it...
  11. slimmingmadhouse

I wonder if it's the same chocolate one that I make (eggs, cocoa, sweetner, vanilla off the top of my head). I use silicon muffin trays to make indiviual ones.
  12. cat yoyo greaves

I kind of made it up 6 eggs and 40g reduced fat cocoa and sweetener i seperate eggs whisk whites in another bowl mix sweetener cocoa gold into whites and then bake in oven in a frylited Lined roulade tin then i use defrosted cherries and sweetened quark for filling
  13. cat yoyo greaves

This Is sat in my fridge right now

14. flabtofit

flabtofit Well-Known Member

Cat that looks gorgeous!

Could do with some cake but useless at baking, can just about manage Scan Bran cake and yhats all cooked in the microwave lol
  15. slimmingmadhouse

Sounds similar I use 3 eggs, 1/3 cup sweetner, 28g cocoa and 1tsp vanilla. Use the same method but make 6-7 muffins so no filling. Great for a cake day and tastes like cake!lol
  16. bigmeeky

bigmeeky Well-Known Member

Try Baking Paper, much more forgiving that greaseproof paper.

Are the cakes nice??
  17. VeggieBev

VeggieBev Well-Known Member

This sounds nice - I might give it a go.
  18. Maddysmum

Maddysmum Well-Known Member

Don't use greaseproof paper it sticks to any cake. Either just use fry light or use parchment paper.
  19. cat yoyo greaves

I just use foil and spray it with frylite
  20. jen3

jen3 Well-Known Member

The one on the sw website they dont put quark in the mixture - can imagine that making it more "eggy"

I love it - last time I mixed a muller greek lemon yoghurt in the topping instead of the fromage frais and it was absolutely delicious - just makes it a 1 syn cake.....I can live with that!!!